Monday 17 November 2014

Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant (Queensbay Mall, Penang)

While shopping in Queesnbay Mall, my friend and I decided to dine in Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant for dinner. It's been ages since we last entered the restaurant (two years ago perhaps....???) Anyway, I used to hate their menu booklets and customer order sheets as I find the quite confusing. To my surprise, their menu booklets and customer order sheets has changed.. It's less confusing now and this make the ordering easier. Way to go Kim Gary :) ....Woo Hooo

It's such a waste that I am not a Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant member. I was told a plate of Fried Oreo is given free to all members (voucher is needed). The Fried Oreo looks delicious. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the menu (sob...sob...sob). My friend ordered a rice set which comes with a drink and soup. The drink selections are limited to five varieties. However, if you wish, you may upgrade your drink to any of your choice. Look out for the 50% offer on selected drinks (only for set menu), it is quite cheap I must say.

The drinks and soup were first served. Given a choice of Borsch Soup or Creamy Soup, my friend choose Borsch Soup. The soup is as good as it used to be. Soft pieces of vegetables in tangy tomato broth. YUMMY!!! It's a good way to start.
Borsch Soup
The Wrapped Fish Egg with Chinese Mushroom Rice is as aromatic as ever. The corn is juicy so is the fish. Ironically, the best part of this dish is the chinese mushrooms (hidden beneath the fish). It blends well with the rice and it brings out the natural aroma of mushroom. The rice is tasty but a little too dry.Just the right portion.

Wrapped Fish in Egg with Chinese Mushroom Rice (RM14.90)

As for me, I would prefer something light for dinner. So, I choose the Cheese Baked Tuna with French Fries. I'm a little disappointed as they are quite stingy in the amount of tuna and cheese. The fries is quite hard and I had to eat it with chilly sauce. Some of the fries were stuck on the hot bowl. Hmmph :( ..It is overly priced for a small portion I think.

Cheese Baked Tuna with French Fries (RM9.50)
It would be a wise choice to settle with the set menu as it's worth the price. The Set Menu costs RM17.85 (my friend changed her drink to fruit juice-50% discounted from the original price) while my Cheese Baked Tuna with French Fries and Honey Lemon drink costs a total of RM13.80. Luckily, as an Aeon member, I'm entitled to a 5% rebate on the bill :) ...Total damage for the night RM35.05

No comments:

Post a Comment