Wednesday 26 November 2014

RM2 chicken rice

The title says it all.......YUP, it's RM2 for a plate of delicious chicken rice. When I first heard of it, I couldn't believe my ears. Since I'm nearby Taman Kheng Tian, I've decided to search for the much talked about chicken rice. I need to see it with my very two eyes to believe that it's really RM2. The chicken rice is served in Restoran D'House (the name of the restaurant is quite small) just below Block B. It has a nice ambiance and the service is supreb.

I went in and ordered a plate of the chicken rice together with lo han guo for drink. Added a plate of ladies finger with oyster sauce and chicken floss to go with the rice. Firstly served was the cabbage soup. It comes with a big bowl and some cabbage in it.

Cabbage Soup (free)
Next up is the chicken rice. They are generous with the chicken and the portion is big. Very cheap for the price of RM2. The chicken is very tender with sweet sauce.

Chicken Rice (RM2)

Lo Han Guo (RM3)
The ladies finger is well prepared. But I think the combination with chicken floss is not too well. It's still best to go on with the oyster sauce and garlic.

Ladies Finger with Oyster Sauce and Chicken Floss
While dining, the staff will pop in and asked if we were to refill the soup. Now, that's what service is all about. Clean and spacious place with good food. Finally, the chicken rice is proven to be RM2 as mentioned. This offers available until Chinese New Year (CNY) of 2015. So, quickly grab this chance before its too late :)

1 comment: