Tuesday 18 November 2014

Selfie Time

I'm not a fan of coffee however this particular cafe attracts my attention since I first heard about it from my friends. So, what's the deal??? S-E-L-F-I-E...Before I share more on this cafe, let me introduce one of the best street food in Penang.

Wantan Noodle (RM3.50)
This is the famous Chulia Street wantan noodle. The stall is situated by the busy roadside along Chulia Street and it opens as early at 6.30pm. The noodles are springy and the sauce is fragrant with sesame oil and lard with just the right amount of sweetness and saltiness. They are quite generous with the garnishing as you can see from the picture. ONE bowl is definitely NOT enough. After filling my tummy with wantan noodle, I'm heading to the next station--->SELFIE COFFEE😀

Selfie Coffee

This is the look of the cafe

Selfie Coffee celebrates its grand opening just recently. It's strategically situated at Love Lane (a few blocks away from Chulia St Wantan Noodle). You may want to grab some dinner first before heading to the cafe as they only serve very little food (some cakes, pudding and sandwiches).  The cafe is rather narrow in space with limited seats.

Menu
For starters, we ordered Selfie Mocha and Selfie Chocolate. The whole process in making the selfie coffee is quite simple actually. All you have to do is....ORDER a drink of your choice from the menu, take a SELFIE and PREPARE to be amazed.☺

Selfie together
While waiting for the Selfie Mocha & Chocolate, we entertain ourselves by expressing our creativity on the table. Yup, you heard me alright...ON THE TABLE...Markers were made available on each table. My friends and I used to draw on our desks during primary school. It brings back the sweet memories of schooling (didn't know that we were so mischievous when we were younger. .hehehe)😅

Table with a glass top
Marker Pens

Creative Expression

We choose some cakes and pudding to go on with the drinks.

Chocolate Indulgence (RM8.90)

Oreo Biscuit Cake (RM8.90)

Caramel Pudding (RM4.90)
Personally, the cake is below my expectation😑. Both the cakes were rather dry. The look of it is alright but the taste is not. Also, the pudding is a huge disappointment😧. The so called caramel pudding has a strong milky flavor instead of caramel flavour as named. The caramel sauce is watery and the pudding itself is not cold enough.

Selfie Chocolate (RM13.00)
Finally the much awaited Selfie Chocolate has arrived..YAY😃 ........Well, I'm very happy with the outcome of the selfie on the milk forth :) ...I never thought it can be so Well DONE.....But sad to say, this image does not last long 😢(sob...Sob...SOB)...by the time we are done with camwhoring, we could hardly recognise ourselves😣. Somehow the image on the milk forth melted :(

Time for tasting....I found that both the Chocolate and Mocha drink is not as aromatic as it's supposed to be😕. There's only a slight hint of chocolate and coffee respectively😞😒. Guess the main attraction is still the S-E-L-F-I-E itself. Hope they can improve on the quality of the drinks and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment